I formed IslandLuxe in 1990 for the purpose of providing targeted representation to the top end of the travel agency community in North America. For over 20 years, our company has become the name synonymous with the representation of small, authentic hotels excelling in service, accommodations, cuisine, and which, above all else, are unique and truly representative of their particular locale.
As the luxury travel market has evolved through the years, my commitment to ensuring the highest level of service my clients expect has remained firmly in place. We are known for our honest representation of our clients and are considered one of, if not the most, trusted representation company among the markets that we represent. We understand that the immutable keys to successful representation are targeting, confidence, enthusiasm, knowledge of the product and contacts, contacts, contacts.
Today’s top luxury travel professionals are inundated with requests for meetings that take precious time away from servicing their clients. They are much more selective about whom is worth listening to and who they can rely on to make them look good. Because my focus has always been on building these relationships, I am able to walk into almost any high-end traveler and consortium agency in the major US markets and be personally greeted by key players within the organization with a big hug and kiss, followed by quick chat updating each other on our lives before getting down to business.
In additional to providing scheduled sales calls to travel industry partners – Travel Agencies, Tour Operators, and other key organizations related to the travel industry – IslandLuxe also participate in the following sales initiatives:
- Select North American Travel Trade Shows, both on National and local levels
- Personally host annual Road Shows bringing together hoteliers and top producing agents from key US markets
- Coordination of hotel management Sales Calls
- Host Familiarization Trips with hand-selected travel agents
- Monthly Sales Report for Hoteliers
- Brochure fulfillment
- Manage a current database of luxury travel agents in all major US cities
- Liaison to premier travel agent consortiums such as Virtuoso, Signature, Altour, etc.
Our marketing approach is results-driven and accountable. IslandLuxe is able to cut through the clutter by focusing on what we do best – delivering our knowledge of products targeting exceptional travel professionals with our signature humor and charm. Time and again we hear agents tell us how they always look forward to hearing from us because they know they can count on us to deliver accurate information that they need in a way that will make them chuckle throughout the day!
Our success rate over the years has led to long-lasting relationships with both the travel agent community and our client hotels. Various vehicles we use to deliver our message include:
- Creation of quarterly Newsletter detailing special promotions and rates for travel agents
- Creation of IslandLuxe brochure featuring each resort
- Special e-blasts and electronic newsletters regarding hotel promotions and offers
- IslandLuxe website
- Facebook page
- Creation and distribution of various IslandLuxe promotional materials that agents can use on a daily basis
We offer Reservation services for those hotel clients that seek such services within the US. Unlike other reservations offices, our office is staffed by quality sales people, capable of qualifying clients and converting telephone inquiries into bookings. Each client is given their own toll free number which is answered with a pleasant personalized greeting to all callers. Client hotels can choose sales representation either with, or without, reservations service.