At Hermitage Bay, Antigua the philosophy “Forgot the World” is reflected in very aspect of the property. As the name suggests, Hermitage Bay is a place of peace and tranquility. “It demands a gentle hand,” co-owner, Andy Thesen explains, “it demands that man-made noises are minimized so that the natural noise prevails: the waves on the beach, the breeze in the trees, and the chatter of the birds. It is the perfect antidote to modern, hectic life. It is a true hermitage.” An avid environmentalist, Andy and his business partner, Andrew Michelin, embarked on this project with a real sense of the responsibility they had to retain the spirit of Hermitage Bay.
This gentle-handed approach was adhered to even as land was cleared in a non-evasive manner, sourced sustainable building materials and constructed the property to blend in naturally with the bay. This practice continues to this day with the hotel’s “reduce, reuse and recycle” policy, as well as conscientious efforts to use natural detergents and beauty products, employ solar energy technologies, and source locally grown, organic fruits and vegetables.
- 25 private stand-alone suites and cottages – Hillside Pool Suites (17), Beachfront Suites (5) and Beach Cottages (3)
- Ideal for couples, accepting children aged 12 and up all year, and children 8 and up from July 1st – August 31st. Maximum one child per suite.
- All Inclusive Resort
Meal Plans & Restaurant:
- Full breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner included; menus change on a daily basis
- Canapés at cocktail hour
- Beverages, including premium branded drinks and a selection of house wines
- French Champagne (Winter) and Italian Prosecco (Summer)
- Main dining area is al fresco as well as main beach bar, where lunch can also be served
On Property Facilities:
- Outdoor pool Hillside Pool Suites come with on private plunge pool
- Can accommodate small weddings on property
- Long beach great for collecting seashells
- Morning yoga, meditation and Pilates classes ( on alternating days)
- Private organic farm
- All non-motorized water sports included
- Wireless on property
- Championship Golf course nearby
- Tennis available 5 minutes away at Jolly Harbor
- Zip line
- Shopping and restaurants