Balcones del Atlantico
“The Best Kept Secret in the Caribbean”
The newest luxury resort in the Dominican Republic, Balcones del Atlantico is located on Samana, a peninsula found on the north-east corner of the country. The resort is only 2 kilometers from Las Terrenas, a town resplendent with shops and restaurants and becoming increasingly known for its cachet “Bohemian Bourgeoisie.”
The resort itself is a thoughtful blend of luxury elegance with the comforts of home. Each villa suite comes with a full gourmet kitchen, contemporarily decorated living room and dining rooms, en suite bathrooms with artisan details such as stone sinks and locally sourced woods and natural materials throughout. 2 and 3 bedroom villa suite boast expansive terraces with outdoor living room and dining room, for entertaining or just enjoying the garden or poolside views. The Penthouse Villas offer full rooftop access with lush views, private Jacuzzi as well as air conditioned living room and en suite bathroom. In addition to the Villa Suite, Balcones also offers a magnificent Town House built with two levels that sleeps up to 8 people and offers extensive outdoor living and dining space, as well as private plunge pool.
The beachfront restaurant, Porto creates an intimate open-air setting with panoramic views of the tranquil-blue Atlantic Ocean. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients combined with unmatched culinary skill creates a diverse menu that truly elevates island cuisine. Locals, as well as resort guests, gather throughout the day to unwind, enjoy great food and drinks, including Dominican Republic’s most expansive wine list.
Those that are familiar with IslandLuxe properties know that we only represent the best authentic resorts in the Caribbean, and Balcones is no exception. The service of staff is there to please and will provide a great opportunity for guests to brush up on their Spanish.
- 35 luxurious one, two and three bedroom villa & villa suites
- First floor accommodations feature private outdoor Jacuzzi
- Each suite is fully equipped with gourmet kitchen with Viking appliances – in suite chef available
- Beachfront restaurant and bar Porto offers fantastic setting to indulge in locally sourced ingredients
On Property Facilities:
- Personal concierge services available upon request
- Pre-stocking of groceries available upon request
- Wireless service available on property
- Adult and children’s pool
- Children’s playground
- Long beach great for walking and water sports available for use
- Fitness centre and gaming room available in Main House
- Spa cabanas on beach or in room massage available
- Close to Las Terrenas for great shopping and dining experiences
- Horseback riding tour of El Limon Waterfalls
- Boat excursion to Los Haitises National Park, which hosts abundance of hidden caves
- Zip Line El Valle – longest in all of Caribbean
- Deep Sea Fishing
Why Go Now:
- JetBlue offers direct flights to Samana from JFK, only 20 minute drive to resort
- Whale Watching Tours January – March
Who Goes There:
- Couples and families. Great spot for extended families and those looking for a lot of activities. Many options for foodies as well.